Sample Processes for Learning Leaders
Creates a point of focus for the group, Minds On, may be used as an icebreaker, stimulus or affirmation. at the beginning of a session.
- Uses a stimulating beginning to focus the learning. For example, a video, photo, quote, piece of art.
- Allows 3-5 minutes for discussion
- Invites participants to turn to their Elbow Partner and share, eg “that made me think about”
Opportunity for participants to test out their thinking with a partner, with all voices being heard within the group in a short time frame.
- Asks participants to turn to the person beside them for a minute or two to exchange an idea, thought or question.
- Reinforce the importance of hearing each other
Familiarises participants with key concepts in the Clarity learning text. Encourages participants to hear the thinking of others and share their own thinking. Enabling multiple rounds to meet and share with a new partner allows for wider engagement.
- Draws attention to the quotes on the slide
- Invites participants in 1 minute to read and choose a quote that speaks to them
- Asks participants to stand up, find a partner that they haven’t spoken to today, share their chosen quote with each other and articulate why this quote
- Invites participants to return to their group table
- Uses this process once or twice more when time permits
To use a scaffolded tool that supports participants to be reflective of their learning and
create a record for future reference and application of use by participants.
- Invites participants to record “the what, the how and the why" they have been participating in this learning throughout the session.
How I can use it
|Notes to myself|